lunedì 11 maggio 2009

The clever donkey - It is over!But now, nimechanuka uko mashakani..my time has come to stand for my rights!

Dal compositore, cantante e musicista del nuovo disco "Manani Amani" (presto in uscita anche in Italia), ci arriva da Nairobi una poesia che grida la ribellione dei più deboli contro l'umiliazione e lo sfruttamento quotidiano che subiscono, la presa di coscienza e l'alzarsi in piedi per i propri diritti, il sollevare la testa contro chi cerca di comprarli pagando miseramente il loro lavoro con un salario da fame o tentando di comprarne il voto come se la loro dignità valesse meno del denaro e degli agi dei propri sfruttatori che si sono arricchiti sulle sofferenze altrui.
Un determinato rifuto allo sfruttamento da leggere tutto d'un fiato per un respiro di speranza.."it is over...My time as come to stand for my rights"!!!!

THE CLEVER DONKEY

It is over! It is over! It is over! I said, it is over!
Today I am not going to work.
I said, am not working at all.
You have been using me the way you want.
Calling me, a stupid donkey.
Who doesn’t know his own rights?
You have been over working from morning to evening.

You have been giving me grass
While you eat meat and drink milk from my own sweat.
If you want to kill me, go ahead and kill me.
Because I said,
Am not going to change my mind.
I said, am not working at all.

You called me a fool donkey,
Mushamba wa mashambani
But now, nimechanuka uko mashakani
My time has come to stand for my rights
My rights as a poor donkey

Remember the day I started working for you,
You were very thing! Very thing! Like a needle!
Yes like a needle.
And now, you have grown rich and fatty
Look at your big belly, the way you dress.
This is because of me.
Stop pretending that you don’t know me
So go ahead and kill me if you like.
Because I said, I am not working at all.

I am still waiting for you,
To buy me for another term
The way you did last year
Just because am still a donkey?
You will see even if you buy me,
I said, am not going to work.And I will not stop to say…
By Stanley Didi

1 commento:

solidafrica ha detto...

..ops..c'è anche una strofa con qualche parola in Kiswahili:
"You called me a fool donkey,
Mushamba wa mashambani
But now, nimechanuka uko mashakani
My time as come to stand for my rights" ... Visualizza altro
ecco la traduzione:
"Mi hai chiamato asino siocco,
contadinotto di campagna,
ma ora comprendo e sei nei guai,
è arrivato per me il momento di alzarmi per i miei diritti"